Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Inspiration

{countryliving}

So fun to run into this photo online. This is the inspiration for painting my dining room table a high gloss light blue, the chairs a high gloss white and the upholstery different on the end chairs. When I went in search of the discontinued Martha Stewart paint color I found out that it is actually a GREEN! So I went in search of my own blue.




Would love to dazzle you even more with professional photographs. But you get the idea. Love that I took a risk-believe me it was scary. If the blue clashes with one of my sets of china then I add a cool heavy upholstery-grade white vinyl table cloth. It creates a modern twist with the ornate-ness of it all.

My dining set was found at auction by Lisa Gleason. It was a 70's stained wood with red crushed velvet upholstery.

No comments:

Post a Comment