Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Villages

My Christmas village is on the windowsill of the kitchen sink. I had it built deeper than all of my other sills so that I could create my "alter". I make a few changes here and there but for the most part I have it decorated with things that are meaningful to me. I got the idea from my Italian Grandmother who had a shrine consisting of a statue of the Virgin Mary, Jesus on the cross, and flowers. When I asked her about it she said she looks at it as she does the dishes and it reminds her to pray. I loved that thought and created a similar vignette. In the city, we are very close to our neighbors-as you can see I would look out at their house if I did not have my sweet "alter".



The miniature figurine is one of the Spice Girls. She is my dishwashing cheerleader and I work her into every vignette.

No comments:

Post a Comment