Friday, October 17, 2014

Gambling, Golfing and Gabbing


This Stager girl was lucky to be invited to an annual golf tournament. I learned first hand why anyone who is invited says "Yes!". What a blast!
As a visual girl, of course I had to pick out the best looking golf bag. The ever so savvy black and white bag won hands down. There was not an official category for this but I'd like to offer up that idea for next year.
Another category I would suggest is the cutest outfit award but the rain dampened that part. As the rookie in the group I don't think they would buy into any of my ever so superficial award categories. I guess we came for golf...







The after golf gathering was another lesson in watch and learn from the pros. There was an abundance of laughter, drinking and snacking and the award for the winning team. Not for the cutest bag, not for the cutest shoes or hats, just golf. Dang, my new BFF's are serious.



On to dinner for more of the same: laughing, story telling, drinking and food. What fun, I think, for everyone. I am beginning to understand why this is a coveted road trip.
Alas, most everyone left so our last night was a mellow evening at a wonderful Italian restaurant. Perhaps I should have proposed my expanded award program to the smaller group. At any rate, you are looking at the Putt Putt golf champion-yes you are. Lowest score with a pocket of dollar bills to prove it.


I am not getting asked back next year. I just know it... because the word will get out that despite the rainy golf we had an outstanding time. No one will call in sick. Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment